Annual Fund and Membership
Support education for a healthy planet by making a gift to Hitchcock’s Annual Fund. Whether you become a member of the Hitchcock Center, choose to make an impact all year long as a monthly sustainer, or champion our mission by joining the Leadership Gift Circle, your generosity is vital to our ongoing excellence in environmental education.
Membership gifts, along with donations of all sizes to our Annual Fund, support the Hitchcock Center’s year-round programs for all ages. Gifts from individuals make up 34% of our fundraising budget each year. We rely on the visionary support of Leadership Gift Circle members, and the steady stream of giving from our monthly sustainers, to continue and grow our excellence in education for a healthy planet. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
Basic Membership – Individual / Household: $60
Basic Membership – Senior / Student / Teacher: $30
Leadership Gift Circle Membership: $1,000 +
Membership benefits include:
- Free and discounted programs for members
- Library borrowing privileges to the Hitchcock Center’s library: books, field guides, videos, puppets, puzzles, games and more for the whole family (including family outdoor discovery packs).
- Early registration for Summer Camp (Household/Family members only)
- Borrowing privileges to the Peg McDaniel Curriculum Resource Library (Teacher members only)
- $10 off any School Program (one-time discount; for Teacher members only)
- Free copy of Snakes of the Pioneer Valley by Mischa Herscu (upon request)
- Being part of the family of Hitchcock Center supporters who value environmental education
An easy way to give generously! Monthly Sustainers help us to plan for the future and to operate more efficiently – just like our new “living” building. Steady monthly support that we can count on allows our educators to spend less time fundraising and more time engaging our whole community in education for a healthy planet. No amount is too small to make an impact.
As a Monthly Sustainer, your Hitchcock Center membership will renew.
Honorary and Memorial Gifts
Celebrate a special birthday, event or milestone, or a special friend or family member, by making a gift in their honor. Or, contribute in memory of a loved one. Honorary and memorial tribute gifts are a great way to remember an important occasion and honor your loved one’s commitment to education for a healthy planet.
When giving online, you can easily send a note directly to your honoree or to their family, letting them know of your thoughtful commitment.