Flora and Faunathon FAQS
How do I participate? click here to read more
How do I participate?
- Register today as an individual or as part of a team. The registration fee is $30 and includes a Flora & Faunathon fanny pack. 100% of your registration is tax-deductible and supports education for a healthy planet
- Set up your personal fundraising page using our easy templates. Ask your family, friends, and neighbors to contribute and help you reach your fundraising goal
- Seek/find/explore over the month of May. Set your personal Flora & Faunathon goal using one of the lists we have provided or one of your own. Whether you want to get out exploring 4 times or aim for finding 100 species, you’ll be helping to raise awareness and funds for education for a healthy planet
- Share your adventures on social media using #Floraandfaunathon22 and tagging @hitchcockcenter. We’ll also share your pictures on Facebook and Instagram
- Track your outings/species identification Share your outings on social media and track the species you find on iNaturalist. Here is the link to the Flora and Faunathon event on iNaturalist.
Registration is $30 and includes a Flora & Faunathon fanny pack (while supplies last). There is no fundraising minimum, but those who fundraise will be eligible to earn prizes. For questions about registration contact email@example.com.
Can I win Prizes?
Yes! (Everyone loves prizes!) All registrants will receive a Flora & Faunathon fanny pack- to carry your phone, pen, and notepad, when you head outside- while supplies last. F&Fers who raise $300 or more will also receive a Hitchcock Center t-shirt or water bottle.
Prizes will be awarded to leaders in different categories, such as most interesting finds, most items found, and most money raised.
Can I seek/explore/find with a team?
Absolutely! You can fundraise as a team, and you can seek/find/explore together or apart. You’ll see there’s an option to join a team when you register. Each member of your team must register as an individual. If your team is your family and you do not wish to pay the registration fee for children, that’s fine but they will not receive a fanny pack.
I have a mobility limitation. Can I still participate?
Absolutely! Everyone can participate! Choose an area or walk that is right for you! Nature is all around us, everywhere! You can find some suggestions for accessible trails here and here.
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate! There are no age restrictions. You don’t have to live in the area to participate. Even if you know nothing about different species you can seek/find/explore! We will provide lists of accessible flora & fauna to search for at various knowledge levels. The use of iNaturalist can help guide you, too.
Where can I go to seek/explore/find?
You can find plants and animals everywhere! In your backyard, walking down the street, in the woods, even in the city! Any state, any trail, any mountain. You can find suggestions on these websites, or follow us on Facebook for recommendations from other hikers. Here are some websites with trails to check out.
I can’t participate this time around, can I just donate?
Of course! You can choose to sponsor a hiker (or several!) or you can make a general donation here
Can my workplace sponsor Flora & Faunathon?
Yes! Sponsorship opportunities are available for any business that wants to support the event. Contact Kim Snyder.
For questions about registration contact firstname.lastname@example.org.