Meeting & Event Rentals
The Hitchcock Center has rooms available for rent on a limited basis. We welcome your group to enjoy our Living Building amenities, including light-filled rooms, a building free of toxic chemicals, composting toilets, and our beautiful views of the Holyoke Range.
Please review the requirements of use for our building and site below to see if our space is the right fit for your group.
- Election-related activities are not allowed.
- Facility use is limited to meetings and events that do not charge a fee.
- Rooms may be reserved up to 3 months in advance of the event.
- You must state clearly that your event is not sponsored by the Hitchcock Center in all communications, outreach materials and invitations, including print and digital media.
- There is no kitchen or refrigerator.
- The South Wing is not available to rent outside of our public hours (listed below).
- There is a maximum of 100 people allowed. There is parking for a maximum of 50 cars.
- All events must conclude by 8pm unless otherwise approved in writing by the Hitchcock Center.
- There is a 2-hour minimum on weekends.
- We encourage the use of biodegradable and recycled content materials and products for your meeting or event and ask that you actively educate other attendees to appropriately recycle their waste.
- Users must agree to pack in and pack out all event materials, supplies and equipment. You may use the recycling bins for recyclables. These must be emptied into the appropriate outdoor recycling receptacles located at the south end of the parking lot. All trash (non-recyclables) must be bagged and removed from the premises. Please do not use our limited outdoor trash receptacles.
- Chairs and tables (round and rectangular up to 8 per table) are available for your use during the event. The users are responsible for set up and take down of tables and chairs.
- All surfaces used must be wiped clean using the paper towels and non-toxic cleaner supplied.
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere on the premises.
- Wine and beer may be served, however, alcoholic beverages cannot be sold. No hard liquor allowed.
Non-Profit or Community Group
- $15-25/hour, during business hours Monday-Friday, 9-5
- $60/hour, during evenings and weekends
University or Government
- $30/hour, during business hours Monday-Friday, 9-5
- $75/hour, during evenings and weekends
Business or Individual
- $40/hour, during business hours Monday-Friday, 9-5
- $100/hour, during evenings and weekends
There is a $20 audio visual use fee, per event if the system is needed. There is an additional room up-charge of 25% if an additional room is needed.
Reservations and Payment
- Review our Room Rental Policy to ensure your event and our rooms are a good match.
- Submit a Room Rental Application for your group. Send your completed application to Shelly.
- User must sign a Room Use Agreement and pay in full when making the room reservation. Reservations will not be confirmed until payment is received. Please contact Shelly to confirm your reservation.
- Cancellations in writing must be made 7 business days prior to the event in order to receive a 75% refund. Refunds will not be made if cancelling less than 7 business days before the event. To cancel email Shelly.