Pre-Elementary: Ages 3–5 or Grade Pre-K (In-person)
Registration is required for all programs.
Programs may also be viewed in a calendar.
Nature Discovery Preschool Adventures (In-person)
with Colleen Kelley
Ages 3–5 or Grade Pre-K
Fridays, 10:00–11:30am or 1–2:30pm
September 4–December 11
Fee per Child: Tier A-$18 per day | Tier B-$14 per day | Tier C-$10 per day | Tier D- $5
Fee per Adult: Tier A-$23 per day | Tier B-$18 per day | Tier C-$13 per day | Tier D- $7
Limited to 12 participants (Limit of 2 children per adult.)
This award-winning adult and child preschool program–the adult accompanies their child(ren)–offers weekly outdoor exploration together combined with multi-modal learning experiences to foster wonder and curiosity about the natural world. Sign up for one or or more days and choose one of two time offerings: Friday mornings or afternoons.
- September 4: Beautiful Butterflies — afternoon session nearly filled
- September 11: Seed Surprises — afternoon session nearly filled
- September 25: Ladybug Love — morning session filled wait list only; afternoon session nearly filled
- October 2: Leave it to Leaves — morning session nearly filled
- October 9: Secret Soil Recipe — morning session nearly filled
- October 30: Mouse Houses — morning session nearly filled
- November 6: Squirrel Stories — morning session nearly filled
- November 20: Bountiful Birds — morning session nearly filled
- December 11: Animals Getting Ready for Winter — morning session nearly filled
Read our complete COVID-19 Program Participant Guidelines.
Our in-person programs will be held outdoors, even in the cold weather months. Outdoor learning environments have been shown to be one of the safest ways to teach while preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Masks will be required at all times when social distancing (six feet apart) is not able to be maintained. This will continue until our local and state health officials say otherwise.
As much as our teaching approach is “hands-on,” we will be limiting touching and sharing. If any equipment or materials are needed as part of the program, we will provide participants with their own. All equipment and materials will be returned and individually disinfected at the end of the program.
Participants need to come prepared for all outdoor weather conditions. We suggest bringing a backpack with extra layers, including socks and hats, bottled water, and snacks, as well as insect repellent and sunscreen as-needed.
Given this time of financial hardship for our community and our organization, we are offering a new sliding scale fee structure aimed to provide greater flexibility in choosing a price that is right for you and your family.
- Tier A: The fee is set 25% higher than what it costs to run the program and helps to support those who cannot afford the full cost of the program.
- Tier B: The fee is set to cover 100% of the program costs.
- Tier C: The fee is set at 25% less than what it costs to run the program.
- Tier D: This fee is set at 50% less than what it costs to run the program. This option is available for EBT, WIC, and Connector Care Card to Culture participants, that is, households receiving benefits through the Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance and the Massachusetts Health Connector