Click a colored tab below to search events by category.
Ages 3–5 or Grade Pre-K
Ages 5–8 or Grades K–3
Ages 5–8/Grades K–3 or Ages 9–11/Grades 4–6
Ages 9–11 or Grades 4–6
Family and Learning Pod Programs
View all programs
The calendar defaults to the current month. If you cannot find any events within the selected category you can move forward or back to check other months or switch to List view to see all events within a category.
7:00-8:30pm Hitchcock Nature Trivia Night: A monthly virtual trivia contest fundraiser
September 23—7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$50
Join us for a monthly online trivia contest fundraiser for environmental education. The quiz will test you on a wide breadth of science, nature and environmental knowledge. The winning team will split the award with the Hitchcock Center’s scholarship fund.
- Sign up as teams of 1–4 people, with a flat fee of $50 per team per game. The more teams, the bigger the prize (see table below), so invite your friends!
- Advanced registration required and available up until the evening before the contest. Upon registration the team will be provided a Zoom link.
- Teams will be able to play as a team even if in different locations. Each team will be assigned a breakout room in advance, that will allow them to discuss answers as a team.
- The game will be played in 2 rounds of 15 questions with a break in the middle to score and learn where your team stands in the contest.
- We will need a minimum of 6 teams to play and have a maximum of 22 teams, with a maximum winning of $500 if 22 teams were playing (see table below)
- We will ask that all players follow the honor system and not consult other sources for answers while playing, we will have everyone do a playful oath at the beginning of play.
- The contest and questions are geared towards adults, in the future we may offer Family Nature Trivia Nights as well, stay tuned.
Here is how the evening will run:
7:00-7:10 Greetings and Directions, each team will need to assign a scribe who will have a private chat with the host to submit your teams answers.
7:10 -7:30 Round 1 – 15 Questions – Play begins 3 questions at a time with 2 minutes to answer. Questions will be read aloud and posted in the chat, each team then goes into their team break out room to discuss answers. At the end of the round you will have 2 minutes to look back over all your 15 answers and submit.
7:30- 7:40 Halftime Break – All players together to chat, use the bathroom, get a snack, etc.
7:40 – 7:50 Review answers from Round 1 as a large group and report top 3 teams at Halftime.
7:50 – 8:10 Round 2 – 15 Questions, played in the same format as Round 1
8:10- 8:15 Scoring break and again an open Zoom format so folks can chat.
8:15 – 8:25 Go over answers and announce the winners.
Wednesdays, 7:00 – 8:30pm
September 23, October 21, November 11, December 9
Registration available here, soon!