School Programs 2022
This year, since we are living in an ever shifting landscape, we will be offering a variety of options for you and your students
- NEW!!! Field Trips on your School Grounds
- Field trips (at Hitchcock Center or off-site)
- Field trips (virtual)
- Classroom programs (in-person at school)
- Classroom programs (virtual)
We are especially excited to offer FIELD TRIPS ON YOUR SCHOOL GROUNDS!!
No matter what your schoolyard looks like, it is a unique ecosystem where plants and animals interact with each other and their environment. In these field trips, students explore the school grounds, practicing the skills of observation, data collection and analysis to increase their understanding of the interdependence of living things and earth’s systems in the schoolyard web of life.
We encourage an outdoor, nature-based approach that can take place on school grounds. Time spent learning from and with nature provides measurable academic, social, emotional, and physical benefits. One of the safest places for learning during this pandemic is the outdoors.
We look forward to working with you in any way we can and so appreciate all that you do as teachers to keep our children healthy, safe and educated!! You are our heroes.
Alignment with the Massachusetts Science & Technology/Engineering Framework
All programs are aligned with both the current and the revised Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Framework. In Massachusetts there is a strong focus on students mastering the practices of Science and Engineering. Our programs include one or more of these practices:
- Asking Questions and Defining Problems
- Developing and Using Models
- Planning and Carrying out Investigations
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Using Mathematics and Computational Thinking
- Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
- Engaging in Arguments from Evidence
- Obtaining, Evaluating and Communicating Information