Hitchcock Center programs are designed to give people of all ages the skills, aptitudes, and attitudes needed to care for our planet’s ecological systems, build durable economies, and create sustainable communities.
Our Winter/Spring 2024 lineup of programs for kids, teens, and families is up now! Registration opens December 6 at 9:00 AM.
Click below for more information about the following programs:
Programs may also be viewed in a calendar.
Our programs focus on:
- Lifelong Learning, developing a continuum of competencies that begins at the earliest, most formative years and progresses throughout life
- Defining Place at a variety of scales: the schoolyard, the backyard, the neighborhood, the park, the farm, the town, the forest, the pond, the mountains, and the watershed
- Systems Thinking, demonstrating that interconnected ecological systems must remain in dynamic balance over time
- Valuing Perspective by encouraging participants to share knowledge, similarities and differences- and hosting a large community of accomplished naturalists, scientists, humanists, educators, and artists
- Promoting Ingenuity and commitment to long-term well being for people and the planet that can fuel a sense of responsibility as well as hope
Let us know if there is more that we can do to advance your own quest for greater environmental knowledge and understanding.
Out of a strong commitment to improve access to our programs we are now offering a sliding scale fee structure aimed to provide greater flexibility in choosing a price that is right for you and your family.
- Tier A: The fee is set 15% higher than what it costs to run the program and helps to support those who cannot afford the full cost of the program.
- Tier B: The fee is set to cover 100% of the program costs.
- Tier C: The fee is set at 15% less than what it costs to run the program.
- Tier D: This fee is set at 35% less than what it costs to run the program. This option is available for EBT, WIC, and Connector Care Card to Culture participants, that is, households receiving benefits through the Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance and the Massachusetts Health ConnectorFees
Cancellation policy for fall 2022 programs: You may cancel your registration for any of our fall programs up to a week prior to the program’s start date to receive a refund minus a 10% administrative fee. If you cancel within 7 days or less of the program’s start date, we cannot offer a refund unless we are able to fill your spot in the program.
Read our complete COVID-19 Program Participant Guidelines.
Our programs are designed to be fun and engaging and above all safe. The COVID-19 program guidelines are designed to help protect everyone as we meet the strict health and safety requirements of the CDC and our state. Please take the time to read the information thoroughly. If you feel that you or your child(ren) cannot follow these guidelines, we ask that you wait until these restrictions have been lifted to join one of our programs or events. We may change our guidelines to reflect new guidance from CDC and Massachusetts.