Hitchcock Center programs are designed to give people the skills, aptitudes and attitudes needed to care for our planet’s ecological systems, build durable economies and create sustainable communities.
Our programs focus on:
- Lifelong Learning, developing a continuum of competencies that begins at the earliest, most formative years and progresses throughout life
- Defining Place at a variety of scales: the schoolyard, the backyard, the neighborhood, the park, the farm, the town, the forest, the pond, the mountains, and the watershed
- Systems Thinking, demonstrating that interconnected ecological systems must remain in dynamic balance over time
- Valuing Perspective, by encouraging participants to share our knowledge, similarities and differences and hosting a large community of accomplished naturalists, scientists, humanists, educators, and artists
- Promoting Ingenuity and commitment to long-term well being for people and the planet that can fuel a sense of responsibility as well as hope
Let us know if there is more that we can do to advance your own quest for greater environmental knowledge and understanding.