Use the registration button, unless a program specific link is provided below. You can renew your membership here.
Did you know that your EBT card can be used to access membership and programs at the Hitchcock Center? Learn more about the EBT Card to Culture Program.
Non-refundable within a week of the program, all refunds incur a 10% administrative fee.
Second Annual Pollinator Celebration Day
Saturday, September 14, 2019
Members: $4 children/$7 adults
Non-members: $5 children/$8 adults
Come and celebrate the pollinators in our world at Hitchcock’s second annual Pollinator Celebration Day! We will have events and activities for the whole family, including:
- Pollinator Scavenger Hunt
- Magic Wings native butterflies
- Pollinator Story Time: Bees aren’t the only ones who help our flowers grow! Fly would like to be a pollinator just like her friends, butterfly and bee, but how does someone become a pollinator? In this interactive story-telling, children can be the puppeteers for a cast of pollinator characters. Volunteer children will listen and perform as a narrator tells how Fly learns what pollination is, why it’s important, and tries to find the perfect flower for her.
- Caterpillar Lab will bring beautiful native caterpillar species on their native food plants. Bring your questions!
- Monarch Migration Obstacle Course
- Monarch Tagging: Learn how to tag monarchs, keep track of them and contribute to a growing body of data that helps us understand monarch migration.
- Pollinator Parade (12:30pm): Make your own pennants and streamers, or bring your own pollinator costume from home for marching in our pollinator parade!
- Learn from an expert about how to make your garden more friendly to pollinators with the Western MA Pollinator Network! And, take home your own milkweed seeds to plant for monarchs and other insects in your garden, donated by That’s a Plenty Farm!
- Crooked Stick Pops
- Bring a picnic and stay for the whole thing. Remember, this event is rain or shine!
Pollinator Celebration Day is generously sponsored by Laura Townes and Shumway Services.
Curriculum Day (No School for Amherst)
with Aemelia Thompson
Tuesday, November 5, 8:30am-3:00pm
$65 members/$78 non-members
Schools out? Quick, get your spot at the Hitchcock Center! Curriculum days are a whole lot of fun and learning packed into one day. We will spend much of our time outside so pack weather-appropriate clothing as well as an extra set of clothes just in case. Instructors will provide a supportive environment for each child that encourages them to question, investigate, and wonder. Limited to 12 students.